The device status is Active when Scalefusion app is running and the device is connected to internet.
The device status is Inactive when Scalefusion app is running on the device and the device is not connected to internet.
It could happen in one of the following scenarios:
The device is switched off for a period longer than the preset duration by the admin. When the device is switched off it can no longer communicate with the server and hence the device status becomes inactive.
The device is in Ideal mode for a period longer than the preset duration by the admin. In the ideal mode, the device no longer communicates with the server and hence it enters into inactive mode.
The user is running the device in Safe Mode. In safe mode, all the 3rd party apps are disabled and hence Scalefusion app will not function and the device will enter into Inactive mode.
Scalefusion app is uninstalled from the device.
There is no internet connectivity. In this case, the device can no longer communicate with the server and hence status changes to inactive.
- The duration for the device to become inactive is by default set as 4 hours. The admin can change it to 30 min up to 1 week. The admin can change the duration by going to Profile -> View and Edit Profile ->Notification Settings -> Choose Inactivity Duration.
If the device status is Inactive.
- Go to Utilities ->Nudge Inactive Devices.
- Select the inactive device and click on Nudge.
- Refresh the page. If the device status changes to Active, it means Scalefusion is running on the device and the device is connected to the internet.
- If the device status is still Inactive, it means either the device is Switched Off or not connected to internet or Scalefusion is uninstalled from the device.